Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Today I voted for Rubio. Here's why.

I'm a registered voter, but I'm not affiliated with any political party. I assumed I would not be able to vote in either party's primary today, butI was pleasantly surprised to find out that in Arkansas I could choose to vote in either primary, Republican or Democrat. I chose Republican, and I voted for Rubio. This is why:

First, I live in Arkansas. The Democratic race for the nomination is a lost cause. Hillary will obviously take this state, so there was no reason for me to vote in that primary, regardless who I would support.

Second, Rubio is not my choice of Republican nominee. Of the candidates left, if I were to actually vote for a Republican that I would potentially support, it would have been Kasich. He, however, seems to have no chance.

I voted for Rubio for one reason and one reason only: to stop Trump and Cruz.

Trump... Cruz... Repulsive candidates. Trumps a good businessman. Cruz might be a good dictator. Neither would be good for this country. I voted to stop them, not to support Rubio.

It's sad, really.



1 comment: