Saturday, December 19, 2015

Adaptation is Amazing, I Guess


I received a phone call earlier this week. It was someone on my son's cardiology team. They informed me that they found an arrhythmia, an irregular heartbeat.

My reaction: "OK".

Now he's on a beta blocker and will be reevaluated at the end of the month.

It's telling. My family has obviously been through a lot when news of an arrhythmia is received with a shrug, as if someone told me my son has a head cold.

On to the next thing.



2 comments:

  1. Hey Matt, you and Liao Sha have grown steady and strong. I have been thinking about your family more frequently than usual, I suppose because I was remembering our visit last year around Thanksgiving time. Stay in touch friends! You mean so much to us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've been enjoying your Thanksgiving and Christmas pictures. Though I can't help but think, "My kids should be in those pictures, too," when I see all the kids together.

    We miss you!

    ReplyDelete